SPL NEOS 1010
The Neos is the first summing and monitoring console based on our proprietary 120-volt technology. The basic concept behind it was to combine essential summing capabilities, including faders and panorama controls, with a complete and practical monitoring section — all in a compact design. Accordingly, it fulfills the highest expectations regarding sound quality in mixing and monitoring situations.
Thus, the Neos was conceived with sound engineers that set great importance on artistic and musical production in mind and whose workflow does not rely primarily on undo and preset options. Nevertheless, the compact Neos can integrate seamlessly in computer-based environments providing the characteristic high-quality sound and handling of analog devices.
Special Technical Features
- Unique 120-volt operating voltage. In comparison with common production mixers, the Neos mixing and monitoring console uses four times as much operating voltage. A higher voltage results in better performance: over 30 dB of headroom at the input, more than 122 dB of dynamic range, 92 dB signal-to-noise ratio over all channels.
- At the core of the 120-volt technology are our handmade, discrete op-amps with 116 dB signal-to-noise ratio and 34 dB of headroom. The 150 dB dynamic range covers a frequency range of up to 200 kHz. These key figures are way beyond the demands of current PCM digital formats with 24 bit/192 kHz sample rates and DSD digital formats with 1 bit and 256 fs. It is not expected for digital technology to evolve so much in the foreseeable future as to make the Neos a bottleneck in the signal processing path.
- All selected components for each unit are matched at the pre-production stage
- Important switching functions are performed via sealed relays
- Oversized signal traces, generous PCB layout for greater trace separation, star ground scheme, linear power supply
|Brand||SPL - SOUND PERFORMANCE LAB|